Saturday, February 28, 2009

"Leading for the Great Turning" - week-end workshop with Dr. Joanna Macy & Jennifer Berezan in Banff (May 15-17, 2009)

Jennifer Berezan & Joanna Macy at the Wisdom & Action conference - Berkeley, California (Sept. 2003)

Hello again my friends!

I've been letting many of you know of the plans I was discussing with Joanna Macy & Jennifer Berezan while I was working with Ghost River Rediscovery last year. Well, it turns out that given my persisting jobless state & no grant funding coming through earlier on, I had to pass along the coordination of this May workshop to someone in a better position to move these plans forward more readily.

This event is now being coordinated by a woman named Julia Lynx in Canmore, who is also on staff at the Banff Centre. As well, Julia is a doula (birthing assistant) who is now using her event coordinating expertise to help in the final stages of bringing to life the plans that we've been making with the Banff Centre for Performing Arts to host these two amazingly gifted teachers. Julia has recently passed along a weblink with details on the workshop & an on-line registration process.

"Leading for the Great Turning" is the title for this week-end workshop (May 15-17, 2009) & you can find more details & register at: http://www.lovingtheland.com

I hope you can make it, especially since it's Dr. Macy's first ever trip to Alberta to share her teachings (she was here one time before but only on holidays many years ago). Plus, earlier in May 2009, Joanna will have celebrated her 80th birthday and also because Jennifer Berezan is accompanying Joanna to share her evocative and powerful music. Jennifer's voice & music are totally amazing!

You can learn more about Dr. Macy's "Work that Reconnects" at:
http://www.joannamacy.net

As well, you can find out more about Jennifer's gift of music and her unique, spiritually musical approach to teaching at: http://www.edgeofwonder.com

This is very much a ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY for folks here in Alberta!"Leading for the Great Turning" with Joanna Macy & Jennifer Berezan (May 15-17, 2009)

Related to this & to my own quest to share my unique gifts, I am relocating out to Canmore, Alberta for the next few months to launch the project I had been applying for funding on last year while I was still with Ghost River Rediscovery. Turns out The Calgary Foundation approved half the funding we requested & I've decided to move forward with launching the "ECO Healing & Rediscovery in the Rockies" workshop/day hike series while I continue to sort out where I will pursue my Summer seasonal outdoor work this year.

Soooooooo, TERESA'S ON THE MOVE AGAIN ...
but also heading to a comfortable spot to call "home" for awhile ...

Since I proposed to deliver this project out in the Canmore/Banff region, I will be moving out that way in the next day or two. I will offer a mix of workshops that share Dr. Macy's "Work that Reconnects" as well as the Rediscovery activities that I added to my facilitation "tool box" last year with GRR. The folks at the Canmore Community Cooperative Workshop http://www.canmorecoop.ca will be one of the main sponsoring hosts for this work & as I get things rolling in Canmore at THE COOP, I also hope to be offering activities through the Banff Volunteer Centre &/or the Banff Library and maybe even the Banff Centre, we'll see. With half the funds, there's less time to do all that I had originally proposed ...
"ECO Healing & Rediscovery in the Rockies" workshop series at the THE COOP

http://www.canmorecoop.ca/programming/workshops/314-eco-healing-a-rediscovery-in-the-rockies.html


At this point in my journey, there's heaps keeping the energy flowing, building, and recharging amid my more precarious "speck" riding state (Horton Hears a Who reference :) My family & friends (the many kind Horton's in my life) have been offering up their generosity through their love, hugs, & kindness, their comfie beds & delicious food, and their camaraderie & support.

The fragility of life on this little speck hits me every now & then, so I am doing my best to remember to BREATHE DEEPLY, ... GET OUT IN NATURE, ... and BE GENTLE with MYSELF. It's also been great to reach out to many of you splendid & beautiful beings over the phone & cyberwaves along the way. I know I am in need of connecting with a few of you in the very near future to seek your guidance and support.

I look forward to reconnecting with any & all of you along the way as you come across my BLOG postings or other notices that may inspire you to connect with me :)

For anyone in or near Alberta, it will be GREAT to reconnect with you in person out in Canmore while I am living in the Rockies over the next few months! Especially if you can make it for Joanna & Jennifer's week-end workshop of transformational teachings!

Sending all of you great big hugs & heaps of love,

Teresa & Sherpa Dog


p.s. here are my contact details for reaching me in the Rockies ... I've just relocated to a much better housing arrangement here in Canmore & am very pleased to share my new address with you:

Teresa L. Chilkowich
1106 - 14 Street
Canmore, Alberta
T1W 1V7

(403) 678-2397 (landline in Canmore)
(831) 440-8678 (SkypeIn phone number)
(403) 690-0504 (mobile phone)

spiralwonder@peacemail.com

Skype & Facebook are other options as well :)

No comments:

Global Sunlight Map

Lunar Phase

"Awakening the Dreamer ... Changing the Dream"

Joanna Macy & David Korten Dialogue on the Great Turning ("For the Grandchildren" event)

Money as Debt video - Paul Grignon

The Story of Cap & Trade (Annie Leonard)

YouTube

How It All Ends - http://www.gregcraven.org/en/the-videos

Oh, the Places You'll Go! - Dr. Seuss