Wednesday, December 13, 2006

DECEMBER 13, 2006 (yesterday) SYDNEY

When I arrived it was 15 degrees Celsius but likely got up to the high 20's

I am in Sydney now ... it's pretty sunny & hot ... so the sun screen & hats plus hiding out in the shade will be top of my mind.

Everything went quite fine for my flights through to Sydney, even slept on the plane a decent amount. My friend Simon, one of my friends from the course with Joanna ("Seed for the Future", which I refer to as my Seed Mates) Simon met me at the airport, which was great but he doesn't have a place for me to stay with him as he is in betweeen places himself. SO, my first challenge is in trying to connect with my other Sydney Seed Mates ... I hadn't had the chance to properly connect with them prior to my arrival & so I had to book myself into the hostel I stayed at when I first arrived last trip ... a bit of a "groundhog day" thing going on with being here again.

I need to go get some breakfast in me & see what else I can do to connect with my mates here ... seems at this point in the morning, I will likely be here at the Bondi Beach House YHA another night, since check out is in a few minutes.

Oh well, I will have time for me & the beach if I don't get to see my Seed Mates this first few days & I will make some solid plans with them for my return back to Sydney the 2-6 iof Janaury.

Teresa

2 comments:

aussieadventure said...

Ah, Bondi! What a great place. Enjoy the year Teresa! Best to get some beach time in - there are no beaches in Canberra! Sorry I missed the Bon Voyage - I had the stomach flu!

Dee said...

Hey Teresa,
Good to know you've made it - looking forward to your updates. Sorry to have missed your bon voyage as well - we were into final approach on the big exam and things were pretty hairy around the household. Sounds like you are off and running now though...!

Global Sunlight Map

Lunar Phase

"Awakening the Dreamer ... Changing the Dream"

Joanna Macy & David Korten Dialogue on the Great Turning ("For the Grandchildren" event)

Money as Debt video - Paul Grignon

The Story of Cap & Trade (Annie Leonard)

YouTube

How It All Ends - http://www.gregcraven.org/en/the-videos

Oh, the Places You'll Go! - Dr. Seuss