Monday, March 5, 2007

Moving Water & WHITE WATER Fun on the Murrimbidgee River (March 5 & 6, 2007)


Guess Who Had Great Fun Out on the Murrimbidgee River over the Past Two Days???

... ALL the ROMEO's & our Instructors ... that's who!

March 5, 2007 6:50 a.m. ... I downloaded pic's from Chris' waterproof digital camera last night & here's a few to give you a tast of what our day was like yesterday on the moving waters of the Murrimbidgee River with the canoes ... I've also got Benny's pic's from our day on an upper stretch of the Murrimbidgee for white water rafting ... We had AWESOME FUN & GREAT CHALLENGES to stay in our boats and steer clear of the many rocks throughout the river channel :)

Claire Peck "Pecky" & I navigating through some rapids :) (March 5, 2007)

the BIG challenge for our group during yesterday's canoe fun, was getting past "the boiler" drop off!

Here's Elle & Margot attempting the big drop ....

they ended up capsizing, just as Pecky & I did about 20 minutes earlier!!

The past two day have been ... great fun!! ... & full of all kinds of water :)

After lunch, there was more canoeing fun to be had with my next paddling buddy Zohara ...

the really big rapids ... we played in these for the rest of the afternoon :) (March 5, 2007)

... Zohara & I handling the really big rapids in great form :)(March 5, 2007)

we handled all 3 runs very well ... but at the end of our 2nd run on the big rapids, we ended up tipping over on the right ... I got video footage with Chris' camera of the water getting into the canoe near Zohara's right knee before we tipped over!! (March 5, 2007)

... both days have been absolutely AWESOME & GREAT FUN!! I found myself doing things out in some very fast flowing water that I never would have imagined being able to do before :)

March 6, 2007 ... ~11:50 p.m. ... I am going to be doing my Bronze Medallion swimming assessment tomorrow morning with a few other folks & tomorrow night, perhaps attempting another redo if need be, depending on how I do with my times ... keep the postive & happy thoughts going for me to swim within the times I need for success in these two timed competencies, so that doing it tomorrow won't be necessary.

I must finally get to bed, I am pretty tuckered & the very tasty chocolate birthday cake that Jean-Michel baked up for Elle's birthday (which is tomorrow) was quite excellent & the sugar high has worn off enough for me to finally feel more of the weariness in my body. All in all though, the past two days have been totally excellent. I am feeling amazingly comfortable in the canoes & rafts, despite my anxious moments in the pool swimming for extending periods of time in deep water ...

Missing you all heaps & happy to share some of my whitewater fun with you before heading to bed. We had another full day today, with even bigger water, WHITE WATER to be sure ... & river rafts!!

More pic's & stories from today's whitewater fun sometime tomorrow on my day off ... :)

Hugs 'n' Bugs, love,

Teresa

3 comments:

nsdaydreamer said...

Hey Teresa:

I am super jealous of all your white water adventures. Looks like so much fun. Sending you lots of positive energy for your swimming assessment today. Good luck and be strong.

Nadine :-)

Unknown said...

Hey Teresa,

Congrats!!! Good luck on the swimming and I will send over some of my positive energy.

Liz :-)

Mom said...

Wow those are some pretty wild looking rapids. Not quite my "cup of tea". However, you go for it and enjoy and stay safe. Love and hugs coming to you from me.

Global Sunlight Map

Lunar Phase

"Awakening the Dreamer ... Changing the Dream"

Joanna Macy & David Korten Dialogue on the Great Turning ("For the Grandchildren" event)

Money as Debt video - Paul Grignon

The Story of Cap & Trade (Annie Leonard)

YouTube

How It All Ends - http://www.gregcraven.org/en/the-videos

Oh, the Places You'll Go! - Dr. Seuss