Sunday, March 18, 2007

White Water Rafting & Expedition updates (coming soon) ...

Hello Everyone,

Happy St. Patrick's Day ... & Happy Birthday Mr. Dec!!

Just a quick note to let you know I finished off my posting from the tail end of the Climb & Abseil sessions we had at the end of February, plus the Super Hero fun we had for Chris' birthday. I also included some pic's & stories from our flat water canoe fun in Canberra & a few pic's from the Murrumbidgee River here near the OBA national office.

Soooo, scroll down a couple of postings, ... have a read & enjoy the pic's ...

I'll be in touch again tomorrow with the white water rafting & expedition updates. The biggest news on the EXPEDITION front is that I MADE IT ... despite my very sore feet & knees and weary body, ... I WAS STILL STANDING !!!

We had 7 days of major hiking/bush walking, the last two days were especially FULL ON! The last day our ORANGE group navigated our way for ~ 18km to arrive at our final meeting up point.

Definitely the most gruelling endeavour I have undertaken in my life!!! ... & with the help of my ORANGE buddies ... Mikie, Chris, Benny, Pecky, Amy, Margot, & Elle ... digging deep ... dwelling in my heart, ... breathing through to be free from suffering, ... seeking ways to be healed ... and be at peace ... I/we prevailed over all the challenges we undertook :)

I'll be connecting with you again tomorrow during the day ...
... in the evening, I have my "timed tow" for the Bronze Medallion assessment ... do pass along your positive energy my way for this final swim assessment :) I'll let you know how it goes after I've done the tow.

Gotta go see if I can catch a ride into Tuggeranong to get another swim practice in tonight ... Benny & I went in last night ... Despite the major fatigue we were both feeling from our 7 day Expedition workout, we managed to have a good swim & I actually felt quite refreshed after immersing myself in the coolness of the swimming pool water for half an hour :)

Be well,

Teresa

4 comments:

Mom said...

Hey Teresa it was great "chatting" with you this morning. Congratulations on surpassing another hurdle and reaching another milestone in your life. On to the next one and I am sure you will excel in that as well. Remember the power of positive thinking and our love should help get you through the next go round. As always our thoughts, prayers and love come along with the messages I leave behind for you to read and alwyas lots of BIG HUGS. Love you and keep up the great effort.

me, Laurelie said...

Hey and hola.

Good to read that you survived! I sent you an email the other day: did you receive it?

Write again soon. It's good to read about your adventures.

me, Laurelie

me, Laurelie said...

Hey and hola.

Here's a comment I tried to publish the other night. I forgot my password . . . again! Since then, Oregon has made it into the sweet sixteen in the bball tournament. Yippee!!

me, Laurelie

Hey and hola.

What a great set of stories to tell, between swimming so fast as to create white water and then gliding across it in a seaworthy craft! Good for you! I wonder what you might have done in Oregon at swimming classes if you'd had your mantra then. Oh, speaking of Oregon, it's March Madness and the guy Fighting Ducks are in the big tournament! They're a number 3 seed in their group of 16 and narrowly won their first game against Miami of Ohio (a number 14 seed). They won the Pac 10 Championship Tournament but they'd better settle down or their tournament time will be cut short!

I've sent you an email concerning your MC and other items, so check when you can.

Brava! For all that you're doing in your life. Keep up the great work!

me, Laurelie

lil sis said...

Hey sis!
So I'm going to be honest, I haven't read all your blogs yet, my aplologies, but I just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you from over here.
Did you get some of my Germany pictures yet? Things are pretty busy now, met a lot of people. Have quite a bit of work, but it's all worth it.

Love ya
kiddo

Global Sunlight Map

Lunar Phase

"Awakening the Dreamer ... Changing the Dream"

Joanna Macy & David Korten Dialogue on the Great Turning ("For the Grandchildren" event)

Money as Debt video - Paul Grignon

The Story of Cap & Trade (Annie Leonard)

YouTube

How It All Ends - http://www.gregcraven.org/en/the-videos

Oh, the Places You'll Go! - Dr. Seuss