Monday, May 21, 2007

ROMEO's River Rescue Training on the Snowy River (April 12-15, 2007)

misty morning over the legendary Snowy River

Greetings Relatives ... my dear Family & Friends,

I haven't yet had chance to add a few more details to my Expedition Training posting ... but when I do, you can just scroll down to that posting & read more then ...

Meanwhile ...

Our time in the Snowy Mountains included exploring the Snowy River by canoe as we undertook 4 days of River Rescue training (April 12-15). Among the highlights of our adventures ... we learned ways to rescue canoes that got jammed up against rocks & then filled with a few hundred kilograms of water, plus how to rescue people who have had their feet/legs trapped underwater against a rock or fallen tree trunk/branch ... also known as a "foot entrapment" ...

Vilas, one of my OBA friends from India ... standing in front of my tent at the mobile base in "the Snowies"


me in Melbourne ... after getting a great deal on my new waterproof digital camera case, I finally searched one out Ollie!!

Thanks HEAPS to my colleagues at Environment Canada ... I finally put your kind contributions to my OBA Aussie adventures to add to my outdoor camera gear :)


I will add some pictures & stories to this posting later today ... but I wanted to put the posting up so that I could get a few other updates up on my BLOG as well. So, do check back in on these new ones to see whatever other pic's & stories I add to them.

Hugs 'n' Bugs, love,

Teresa

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Hey T, sorry I missed your call again :(

Mom said...

Teresa it was great hearing your voice this morning nad visiting with you. Keep up the great work and enjoy yourself between all your hard work. Love you bunches and lots of hugs

Vicki said...

Teresa:

You will be pleased to know that several EC colleagues are thinking about you and have asked how you are enjoying your course. Naturally, they wish you continued fulfillment (pun intended). I was lucky enough to see Jérôme and Claude who asked about you. Work is just as you remembered it, sigh ... hotto suru.

Take good care of yourself.

Unknown said...

Teresa
You called just as I wasa running out the door to the airport (: Anyway your myspace profile now has 6 friends so you need to log on; I'm getting tired of impersonating you!!! Here is the URL for your profile. I emailed you the log-in info. If you can't find it email me. You'll probably start finding birthday wishes on there so get on!

http://www.myspace.com/sherpadog

Global Sunlight Map

Lunar Phase

"Awakening the Dreamer ... Changing the Dream"

Joanna Macy & David Korten Dialogue on the Great Turning ("For the Grandchildren" event)

Money as Debt video - Paul Grignon

The Story of Cap & Trade (Annie Leonard)

YouTube

How It All Ends - http://www.gregcraven.org/en/the-videos

Oh, the Places You'll Go! - Dr. Seuss