Thursday, June 28, 2007

Teresa's paws ... plus Mt. Tennent under snow ... & a rainbow

Mt. Tennent under a light blanket of snow (June 26, 2007)

Hello my Dear Family & Friends,

That's right, it has been cold enough lately that we have had snow accumulate on the top of Mt. Tennent, which is basically in our backyard here at the national base ...

although as you look at the whole "mountain" ...

... you see that it was not a major snowfall by any Canadian standards ;)

Then two days after the snow, today, that is ... after waking up, stretching, showering, & then looking out the window to see a glorious rainbow over Mt. Tennent ...

splendid spectrum of colour & part of the FULL rainbow over Mt. Tennent (June 28,2007)

arc of colour to help me greet the new day (June 28, 2007)

Then, after returning, to get a different car that had all the tires fully inflated, instead of the flat back tire that I discoverd 1 km along the way ... the rainbow was a great sign that the day was going to be fine, even with a flat tire to add a twist to the start ... I had a full day of appointments starting with Dr. Marshall the only Canadian chiropractor in Canberra ... she's excellent! After lunch, to the neurologist, Dr. Andrews & the nerve conduction test the nurse did on my left hand & foot ...

RESULTS: the peripheral nerves in both my arms & feet are ALL GOOD!!!

The tests were pretty cool ... after the nurse hooked the electrode nodes on my hand (or foot) & somewhere along my forearm (or calf muscle) ... she sent an impulse through to check on the speed which the nerve transfers the impulse ... Dr. Andrews even got in on the testing midway through the ones with my foot. All in all, as he had indicated earlier in my appointment with him ... he didn't think there would be any kind of peripheral neuropathy & the nerve conduction test confirmed that, RIGHT ON!

All in all, my spirits have been lifting since a few days ago (I started listening to Eckhart Tolle's Power of Now on CD, which helped shift things for me ... what AWESOME insights & teachings!!) ... & I have set my mind on making the best of whatever situation was to arise with my "paws" ... I'm looking forward to getting more physically active with my two upcoming courses & our water training ... the tingliness & numbness are still persisting & I look forward to when thigns subside & go away with these sensations ... Brett gave me another great shiatsu treatment today after my appt. with Dr. Andrews ...

I'll keep up with my stretches & keeping things spiraling around the positive & the upcoming full moon & it's glorious presence that will help me reconnect out with my Seed Mates & everyone else I hold close around this dear planet we call home.

If any of my Seed Mates could help me get word to Bobbi, that I will for sure be up in Kyogle starting Saturday, June 30 until ~August 21 ... as well, I have a fairly big chunk of RDO's from ~ Aug. 3-18 ... the rest of my schedule from a few postings ago should be fairly reliable still ... not sure if I will still have the whole 15 days in August but I hope so ... it will be a great chance to get caught up on more assignments & visit my wonder-full friends up that way.

Jill, please let me know if your dates for Sydney are still firm & what they are ... I can still plan to meet up with you then ... I just need to plan my travel down by train ... it's a fairly big trip but well worth it to reconnect wtih you & Ethan :)

Time for me to sign off & get some sleep ... I have to be ready for 7:30 a.m. to get my ride into Canberra ... I'll be on the 9:00 a.m. Murray's bus to Sydney & then on the 4:20 p.m. Country line train that arrives into Kyogle at 4:15 a.m. the next morning, YIKES!!

Sooooo, I won't be in touch for awhile but if I get a chance to hop on the Internet on some of my RDO's in July, I will let you know how my ASSIST went & whatever updates I can fit in to the time I have to post a new note to you lovely beings :)

Be well my dear ones,

2 comments:

Mom said...

Well that is a relief I am sure and happy things turned out well for you. Have a safe trip and take care of yourself on this next chapter of your adventures. All our love and hugs coming your way with this message.

JillyPeanut said...

Hey Teresa-Bean!
Wonderful news about your positive test results!
I sent you a message about our holiday plans to your email addresses (Outward Bound & Sherpa Dog) on Tuesday AND left a phone message with one of your Outward Bound colleagues on that same day. Check it out and let me know if you're able to hook up with us the week of August 20-24. xo j

Global Sunlight Map

Lunar Phase

"Awakening the Dreamer ... Changing the Dream"

Joanna Macy & David Korten Dialogue on the Great Turning ("For the Grandchildren" event)

Money as Debt video - Paul Grignon

The Story of Cap & Trade (Annie Leonard)

YouTube

How It All Ends - http://www.gregcraven.org/en/the-videos

Oh, the Places You'll Go! - Dr. Seuss