Sunday, December 9, 2007

Teresa's Aotearoa & OBA adventures Down Unda almost over ... & Homeward Bound journey almost complete!

sunset over the Indian Ocean fr. Monkey Rock, WA

Kia Ora my dear friends & family,

Amazing as it is, my time here in Aotearoa & "down unda" is about to wrap up ... only ~6 hours until my Air NZ flight is set to take off ...

Just a few more things to finalize in packing up my bags, then get showered, eat some lunch, & call my shuttle to take me & my gear to the airport.

Cheryl or Joan, if you happen to read my BLOG today (so sorry I haven't yet connected with you, things have been pretty full on with my travels about Aotearoa), ... I have a layover in San Francisco for 7 hours ... any chance you come by for a little visit??

I arrive with Air New Zealand flight #8 fr. Auckland, NZ on Dec. 10th at 10:45 a.m. & leave for Edmonton at 6:55 p.m. that evening on United Airlines flight #6502.

~~~

The second half of my adventures here in Aotearoa were most excellent!! The kayaking at Piopiotahi (Milford Sound) & tramping about Aoraki (Mount Cook) were definite highlights!! As was connecting with the OB Cobham folks at Anikiwa, New Zealand ... in the Marlbourough Sounds of the South Island.

I'll post pic's as I recover from my jet lag back in Alberta ... only time to post this brief update right now!

I've totally enjoyed the 10 days I've had over here back in Aotearoa (New Zealand). A great boost for me given how travel weary I was starting to get toward the end of my time in Oz.

Looking forward to chilling out & reconnecting with many of you back home ...

enjoying the peace & tranquility of Wilson Inlet at The Cove (November 2007)

... & to those of you here "Down Unda" ... thanks heaps for all your friendship, kindness, good humour, & all that I have learned from each & every one of you :) I will hold you close as I journey forward ... ROMEO"s & other OBA friends, Seed Mates (that includes you now too, Tathra), & other new friends made along the way ...

Also, a big "kia ora" to my kayaking buddies Sam, Wil, & the Iowa & Colorado mobs, tramping mate Paul, beading buddy Julia, & other kindred spirits whom I have enjoyed crossing paths with.

SUN RISE over Nornalup Inlet fr. the OBA WW base in Western Australia ... absolutely GORGEOUS!!

... "tomorrow", I will experience my first sunrise for 2007 back in the northern hemisphere ... & my journey will continue ...

Be well my dear ones,

Hugs 'n' Bugs, love,

Teresa

p.s. it's been great sharing my adventures "Down Unda" along the way with all of you & I look forward to adding on the missing updates to this travel journal, ... & keeping you posted as I transition back to the Great White North from my year here is Oz & Aotearoa :) Until then, happy holidays & do connect out my way, I'd love to hear from you in person ...

you can reach me through my family in Fort Saskatchewan 998-7154 or Laurelie in Edmonton 450-4227 ... they'll likely know where to track me down as I continue for a while longer in a nomadic existence sorting out where I'll live & work back in the Great White North, more on that soon, as I sort out a few remaining details ...

... of course, there is cyberspace too but I am keen to get back to the more personal reconnecting once I am back in your neck of the planet ;)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Teresa have a safe journey and touch base with me as to when (or if) you want me to book your flight. Be safe and all our love coming your way.

Global Sunlight Map

Lunar Phase

"Awakening the Dreamer ... Changing the Dream"

Joanna Macy & David Korten Dialogue on the Great Turning ("For the Grandchildren" event)

Money as Debt video - Paul Grignon

The Story of Cap & Trade (Annie Leonard)

YouTube

How It All Ends - http://www.gregcraven.org/en/the-videos

Oh, the Places You'll Go! - Dr. Seuss